21st to the 23rd September
Doing a few days in one update here. Here we go.....
Due to all the travelling we did, we both agreed that our first day here would be totally chilled out. My day started when mag woke me at 10am!! Apparently I was super tired.
For brunch we had bacon rolls, oh goodness me I love the bacon over here. Reminds me very much of American bacon. Its just so darn good! I wish I could buy loads and take it all home. Maybe...we shall see.
So after a relaxing morning we got ready to go do some proper shopping, since the night before we only got bits for dinner. Off we headed ICA and Lidl.
Lidl is pretty much the same as it is over in the UK, same sort of stock and produce. I wrote about ICA in one of my posts last year. So not going to go over it all again :)
We decided on lasagna and herb bread for dinner. They don't seem to do garlic bread over here, but to be honest the herb bread is just fantastic any way!
We got back home, I did a little uni work to try and stay on top of everything. I just stopped to take a break when I heard a distant rumble, ( I forgot to mention earlier on I told mag go to for a snooze as he fell asleep on the sofa) I thought that cannot be mag snoring. It was in fact a thunderstorm which had come on over. Mag came down asking if a big lorry had just gone past!
We decided to pull up the blinds and watch the storm. One thing I did notice was the difference in volume of the thunder. Mag says that the storms over here go towards the big lakes naturally. Which does make sense, and the reason it is loudly is this country is just flat with trees! There are no big high rises or built up areas to trap the noise. The storm passed in about an hour. We tired to turn on the TV to find that the power to the house had been knocked out. Electrician Mag to the rescue.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
22nd September
We woke up to a blowing gale and pouring rain. Looks like we caught the end of the storms which hit the UK and France over the weekend. After waiting for a while to see if the rain died down (it did not) I asked if we could head to the A6 centre and Ikea. Its all indoors and will get us out the house for a bit.
We got ready and braved the wind and rain, mag said the drive over us tough but doable. I think he's really getting to like this new car!
Best thing about this car HEATED SEATS!! Oh yeah. We both turned them on high, man my butt was warm and toasty. Had it on most of the way. Even had a little snooze. I was very happy sat in that car.
So any way, we parked up after looking for a space not too far away from the entrance (it was still raining) and headed in the to A6 centre. This place is just a shopping mall with random shops, shoes, clothes, cosmetics etc
We had a wonder about, didn't see the point in rushing. I saw on one of the ferries over some body shop BB cream. Now since body shop sold out to l'oreal a few years ago I haven't bothered with any of their products, but I was pleasantly surprised by this BB cream. So decided id have another good look in a proper store and not just a stand on a ferry. We walked in and I had a mooch about, the girl at the counter started to talk to me in Swedish, before I panicked I said "BB Cream" at which point she switched to English and helped me.
We tested 2 different shades on my skin, and had a good little chat about piercings, tattoos, the UK. The girl said her English was not very good. I told her I disagree, it was fantastic. Did say it was better than my Swedish, she laughed! She was however totally confused as to why we would want to holiday in Sweden. Especially in an area which does not have much in the way of tourist attractions.
What can I say, we really like the place. Its so chilled out. We don't really have to worry about anything whilst we are here. If we feel like heading out and about we can, if not we can stay at home and chill out.
After deciding on a colour and paying for the item, I was given some freebies. A perfume and some hand cream. I must say they gave me a largish tub for the hand cream with a tiny dot of the cream in it....a tad stingy IMO. :( The BB cream cost about £15 which is expensive but my skin since arriving here has been terrible.
We carried out on mooch about the mall, didnt really see anything else. Oh although we had a look in a toy shop. They had the minecraft lego for sale for £40!!! So expensive.
After this we marched on over to Ikea. I wanted to grab some lunch. Now what do you eat when you're in Sweden and Ikea?! You got it
MEATBALLS!!!!!
Ok so I started to eat them before I took the photo, but you get the idea. Mag had a breaded pork thing, he let me try a bit and it was pretty good! Think with 2 refillable drinks, the food and a slice of cake lunch came to about £13. Not too bad.
Mags mum gave us a ring to see how we we're doing. Then off to started for our epic trip around Ikea. Now its pretty much the same as it is in the UK. Just some of the products are different. Like their beds, they are massive and super comfy.
We did well and walked around most of the roll area pretty fast. I even made it through the candles without stopping to smell everything. We did however stop in the art section, now not sure if they do these in the UK but they have a new range of wall decals!! We will be going back to purchase some of these, for our friends and for our home! So excited. Not going to go into much detail as it might ruin the surprise for our friends.
I love cacti so had to have a good look, I came across this wonderful tall cacti with a bright orange top. I think it has been grafted on to the top of the plant but I don't really care its so pretty. I have named it Einstein, since he always came up with bright ideas!!!
For £16 I could have got one large enough for 10-12 people but I was good and got 2 slices for £3.50. Just look at those layers!! Mary Berry would be proud! The jam is I think raspberry. Mag and I shared a slice that evening. Very yummy and a must if you are ever coming to Sweden.
Did someone ask for Liqourice ice cream and real moonshine!!
We got ready and braved the wind and rain, mag said the drive over us tough but doable. I think he's really getting to like this new car!
Best thing about this car HEATED SEATS!! Oh yeah. We both turned them on high, man my butt was warm and toasty. Had it on most of the way. Even had a little snooze. I was very happy sat in that car.
So any way, we parked up after looking for a space not too far away from the entrance (it was still raining) and headed in the to A6 centre. This place is just a shopping mall with random shops, shoes, clothes, cosmetics etc
We had a wonder about, didn't see the point in rushing. I saw on one of the ferries over some body shop BB cream. Now since body shop sold out to l'oreal a few years ago I haven't bothered with any of their products, but I was pleasantly surprised by this BB cream. So decided id have another good look in a proper store and not just a stand on a ferry. We walked in and I had a mooch about, the girl at the counter started to talk to me in Swedish, before I panicked I said "BB Cream" at which point she switched to English and helped me.
We tested 2 different shades on my skin, and had a good little chat about piercings, tattoos, the UK. The girl said her English was not very good. I told her I disagree, it was fantastic. Did say it was better than my Swedish, she laughed! She was however totally confused as to why we would want to holiday in Sweden. Especially in an area which does not have much in the way of tourist attractions.
What can I say, we really like the place. Its so chilled out. We don't really have to worry about anything whilst we are here. If we feel like heading out and about we can, if not we can stay at home and chill out.
After deciding on a colour and paying for the item, I was given some freebies. A perfume and some hand cream. I must say they gave me a largish tub for the hand cream with a tiny dot of the cream in it....a tad stingy IMO. :( The BB cream cost about £15 which is expensive but my skin since arriving here has been terrible.
We carried out on mooch about the mall, didnt really see anything else. Oh although we had a look in a toy shop. They had the minecraft lego for sale for £40!!! So expensive.
After this we marched on over to Ikea. I wanted to grab some lunch. Now what do you eat when you're in Sweden and Ikea?! You got itMEATBALLS!!!!!
Ok so I started to eat them before I took the photo, but you get the idea. Mag had a breaded pork thing, he let me try a bit and it was pretty good! Think with 2 refillable drinks, the food and a slice of cake lunch came to about £13. Not too bad.
Mags mum gave us a ring to see how we we're doing. Then off to started for our epic trip around Ikea. Now its pretty much the same as it is in the UK. Just some of the products are different. Like their beds, they are massive and super comfy.
We did well and walked around most of the roll area pretty fast. I even made it through the candles without stopping to smell everything. We did however stop in the art section, now not sure if they do these in the UK but they have a new range of wall decals!! We will be going back to purchase some of these, for our friends and for our home! So excited. Not going to go into much detail as it might ruin the surprise for our friends.
I love cacti so had to have a good look, I came across this wonderful tall cacti with a bright orange top. I think it has been grafted on to the top of the plant but I don't really care its so pretty. I have named it Einstein, since he always came up with bright ideas!!!
I also got some Swedish gravy, 2 packets for us and 2 packets for some Friends over in Florida!
After Ikea we popped in to CityGroce again, we needed some fresh bread. We didn't need much else. I did find some Princess cake (the one which was recently on bake off!)
For £16 I could have got one large enough for 10-12 people but I was good and got 2 slices for £3.50. Just look at those layers!! Mary Berry would be proud! The jam is I think raspberry. Mag and I shared a slice that evening. Very yummy and a must if you are ever coming to Sweden.
Due to having lunch out we just had some leftover bread and salad for dinner. Nothing overly exciting!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
23rd September
Totally chill out day today, well for mag any way. I decided I wanted to focus some of this time away from everything on my uni assignments. So that's pretty much what I have done all day. Made some good progress too.
We want to try and get out one night to go look at the stars but looking at the sky tonight its just to cloudy and overcast. Not sure what we are doing tomorrow. Leaving that one to mag.
Tonight for dinner its meatballs and rice!
Il sign off for now, with a photo of some of the bits I've got for now!
TTFN
Did someone ask for Liqourice ice cream and real moonshine!!







No comments:
Post a Comment